Thursday, July 2, 2009

Realizing My Limits

I have come to terms with everything, and realized that, at this point in my life, staying with the shorter, local race is going to be in my best interest. To begin with, I am already competing in a triathlon, which is one of my goals. Due to circumstances that are in my life right now, traveling to Washington D.C. for the week, as amazing and fun as it would be, just isn't the right thing to do in my life right now. I have several reasons, some personal, but it is not because I am underestimating myself and my abilities. I feel confident that if I were to participate in the longer, more challenging race that I would be able to finish the event. That is not why I am staying with my original plan. But, knowing that I had originally signed up for the local Oktoberfest Triathlon for a reason, I got swept away in the bright lights of the big city, only to face the reality of the situation as it gets closer to the time before my recommitment.
Recommitment is in the next two weeks. It will give me a little more time to validate my decision, but I think this is what needs to be done. It is a difficult decision to make, but it is for the best.
But watch out DC: Next year I'll definitely be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment