Friday, July 3, 2009

Swim Assessment Failed

No, the reality is not as ominous as this title may make it sound.

Last night we were supposed to do our swim assessment. It was either last night or next Thursday. Well, since I am apparently going to be in Montana next Thursday (my type A side of me is coming out and going crazy by not knowing the details of our trip next weekend), I needed to do my swim assessment last night.

Yesterday I tried to eat light (note back to my "Chipotle for lunch on a swim workout day is not a good idea), and I thought I did so. But whatever was in my light eating upset my stomach. By about 3:00 pm it was starting to get angry at me, and I just tried to ignore it. I did a good job of ignoring it (after warning one of our coaches that I had a stomach ache before practice) until 6:00 pm, half an hour into our swim practice and 200m out of 600m into my swim assessment. To make things a little less graphic, let's say I jumped out of the pool at the 200 meter mark (1/3 of the way through!) and hugged the toilet for a few minutes. Needless to say, swim practice was over for me at that point.

So yes, I technically failed my first swim assessment because I only made it 1/3 of the way through. The reality is that I was good, and could have kept going, minus the whole upset stomach thing. I know I would have passed the swim assessment had I been feeling well. Now I just have to reschedule a time to do the swim assessment, since I won't be here for next week's practice, although I might even be able to do it during the swim practice after Montana.

And with Zach coming into town next week, I hope I keep up my routines. I am never good at waking up in the morning, but even more so when he is in town. But I have been good and running in the mornings with the dogs, although no longer on the days I have run and swim practice in the afternoons (I learned the hard way this past week...) and probably not on bike days, since those are so early. So an early morning run four days a week, swimming on my own four days a week, then track practice one day, swim practice one day, and I swear bike practice one day. I have not actually made a single bike practice since May! It's not my fault, it is just that every weekend that I have been in town, we have not had bike practice! Obviously there is none this weekend, so the next bike practice would be next week, which I am once again missing due to the wedding in Montana. But after that I will be able to make all the rest of them, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment